Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 15-bs576tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

can't play a single game on my laptop containing i5 7200U @2.70GHz having intel hd 620 graphics and amd radeon 520 .

Whenever i tried to play any kind of game like NFS black edition(2gb) and NFS payback(above 30gb), So much fps drops  occured and causing so much lag and even can't play more than one minute smoothly.

I've installed msi afterburner and monitored cpu and gpu usage during gameplay.

things i've noticed;-

1. increasing of cpu usage (about 90-100%) caused decreased in gpu usage  and also decreasing fps to 1-5 fps.

2. also trying to play same games upon intel hd 620 . that games ran  huge smoothly than amd radeon 520. during this gameplay i've noticed that there are no fps drop and also no high cpu usage.

things i've  tried tofix this;;--

1. clean uninstall of amd radeon 520 using DDU and reinstalling same  driver and software from amd official website .

2. also installing same from hp support.

3. clean installing windows 10 pro.

guys please  help me out .. please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SumaN_07 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Here's a video on how to disable the "turbo mode" that causes this issue: Click here

• If you aren't able to disable it permanently, use the below steps:
  • If you are running windows 8 it could be an admin rights problem.
  • Navigate to this folder:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static
  • Find CCC.exe, right click>properties>compatibility tab
  • Tick the 'run this program as an administrator' option and hit ok.
  • Do the same thing for MOM.exe

You may have to restart the PC for the changes to take effect, then try disabling overdrive, restart the game to see if it fixes it.

For more assistance, please check a similar HP Forums post (Resolved): Click here if the above didn't help.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SumaN_07 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Here's a video on how to disable the "turbo mode" that causes this issue: Click here

• If you aren't able to disable it permanently, use the below steps:
  • If you are running windows 8 it could be an admin rights problem.
  • Navigate to this folder:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static
  • Find CCC.exe, right click>properties>compatibility tab
  • Tick the 'run this program as an administrator' option and hit ok.
  • Do the same thing for MOM.exe

You may have to restart the PC for the changes to take effect, then try disabling overdrive, restart the game to see if it fixes it.

For more assistance, please check a similar HP Forums post (Resolved): Click here if the above didn't help.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Nope s
HP Recommended

@SumaN_07 I'm not sure what to make of your response, please elaborate with details as to what steps you've attempted, did any of it work partially or nothing worked at all, if nothing worked, perhaps you could update the graphics card, chipset and the BIOS using the HP website: Click here and check if that works.

Help me, help you! I need more details.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes sir... It the video didn't worked for me... .. and i also noticed one more thing

1. In ther power option at control panel when i selected maximize battery life for plugged  in  in the section AMD POWERPLAY SETTINGS.
  2. selected OPTIMIZED PERFORMANCE FOR PLUGGED IN  in SWITCHABLE DYNAMIC GRAPHICS OPTION.

I'm attaching a pic and this will verify all details of all my thing that i did.

When did above settings then I'll able to play without much fps drops and much maximum lags.

Please tell why it's happening so ???

HP Recommended

@SumaN_07 What video are you referring to? Also, I don't see any picture attached? Would you be doing that now?

While you respond to that, did you also check with an alternate power adapter, if this issue occurs when connected to the power cord?

Or does this issue occur regardless of it being connected to the wall outlet via the power adapter?

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.