Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My father has an HP 250 G6 and prefers to use a mouse instead of the Touchpad.

The problem is that I just can't see any way to turn off the Touchpad. I've been into the Mouse Advance settings. However, under the Advanced Mouse Settings there doesn't appear to be a Touchpad Tab, where you can turn it on and off as people have suggested. 

The Tabs are just BUTTONS, POINTERS, POINTER OPTIONS, WHEEL and HARDWARE. No Touchpad, or Synaptics one with a small red symbol, as I have seen posted.

I've also tried the top left hand corner double tap of the touchpad, but that doesn't work. 

It's a real pain not being able to turn it off for him, as he rests the palms of his hands on the touchpad when he's typing, and it causes all sorts of problems.

I've had to stick a piece of card over the Touchpad for the time being, to stop it being touched accidently.

I've installed the latest driver Synaptics TouchPad Driver (Windows 10 v1903), but still ther doesn't appear to be an option to turn it off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Ian

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.