Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Konsta Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't update video driver

HP Pavilion dv6-3090er
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. 

First time and sorry for my bad english. 

So... videoadapters.jpg

My problem is I have alot of artefacts in some games. And first step in any recomendation - update video drivers. So I tryed to update it from HP site, but newest version for my notebook is 8.712.1.2000 (april 2010). (notebook i bought december 2010). Ok. I downloaded fresh driver from AMD 15.7.1 (march 2016). After installation in summary it sais about parameters not proper and linking to Radeon HD 4250 (not 5650). And Radeon HD 4250 must be update via Windows Update, but Windows use Radeon HD 5650 (and I want use 5650 to, bcouse windows rating  6.7 for 5650 and 4.2 for 4250!). Difference in Catalyst versions that i notice - 03.00.0765(from HP site) have "ATI NorthBridge filter driver" and new ones havn't.

Sorry, that was to much, yeah? So questions. How 2 video cards can be in one notebook? Why i need 4250? How i can update Radeon 5650?

4 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Konsta,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the video drivers. I will be glad to help you.

I have done searches for ADM driver for AMD/ATI drivers for Mobility Radeon HD 5650 and Windows 7 64bit and could not find the driver version you show.  AMD latest version is 8.68-091118a Dec 2009 and HP latest version is  8.712.1.2000 Rev. A Aug 13, 2010

I would uninstall that driver both drivers and install HP driver or AMD drivers.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Konsta Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, Tardis40, and thank you for helping

Drivers I talking about can be found here http://support.amd.com/ru-ru/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Now I have this picture  (sorry I have russian windows)

control panel.jpg

When I try to update it 

amd setup1.jpg

But after installation I have this screen

amd setup2.jpg

and in log file i see (sorry for big image dunno how make it smaller)

amd setup3.jpg

And this is my question. How (why) 4250 card interfere in installation and how disable it...

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Konsta,

the web site you provide does not show your video card, so will not work.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Konsta Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and sorry for delay 

web site I provide show "AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 (including M variant) Series Graphics". Since i have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 it can be used? and in post before install find videocard and trying to update driver (second screenshot) but after somehow show Radeon HD 4250 in error.... 

Anyway it's no good  when HP provide me with driver last version from 2010, when I buy notebook in december 2010. Alot of new technologies was implemented in 2010-2013 and no driver updates available. 

overwatch.jpg

And it's work but with some grafic errors. And only solution I have - buy new notebook?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation