Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I tryed everything to upgrapde my graphics 4600 intel (10.18.15.4248 06/2015)... Manually & automaticly and I have always the same message from Windows 10 64x : no need to upgrade, However, I have an old version from 2015...

Intel support said that my driver need an upgrade... same for Adobe Premiere pro. But my HP dont want me to upgrade it... a solution?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook only have the onboard Intel HD 4600 graphics, or does it have the AMD or Nvdia/Intel switchable graphics?

If your notebook only has the onboard Intel graphics, you can manually update it to the latest version as follows.

I know it works because I have done it myself on my Intel HD 4400 graphics adapter which uses the same file.

Version: 15.40.42.5063 (Latest)    Date: 3/19/2019

Download and save the Zip file version of the graphics driver at the link below. Last one down on the left.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=814...

Unzip the file to its folder.   Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to the unzipped driver folder>Graphics>igdlh64 (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

After the installation has completed, restart the PC and you should now be all set.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook only have the onboard Intel HD 4600 graphics, or does it have the AMD or Nvdia/Intel switchable graphics?

If your notebook only has the onboard Intel graphics, you can manually update it to the latest version as follows.

I know it works because I have done it myself on my Intel HD 4400 graphics adapter which uses the same file.

Version: 15.40.42.5063 (Latest)    Date: 3/19/2019

Download and save the Zip file version of the graphics driver at the link below. Last one down on the left.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=814...

Unzip the file to its folder.   Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to the unzipped driver folder>Graphics>igdlh64 (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

After the installation has completed, restart the PC and you should now be all set.

HP Recommended

Thank you !!!!!! it worked!!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.