Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am thinking of getting an HP EliteBook 840 G7 with an i5 and 16 GB RAM.

I know the computer can drive 2 external displays.

I am wondering if it can drive 3 external displays AND the built-in display -- so I'd essentially have 4 displays.

Will it work?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@IMTheNachoMan 

HP USB-C Gen 5 or HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2 docks are the answer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

@IMTheNachoMan 

HP USB-C Gen 5 or HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2 docks are the answer.

Regards.

Will that drive 3 external while still keeping the built-in on?

And do you know if they have any with an HDMI out? 1x DP, 1x HDMI, 1x DP/HDMI/VGA?

HP Recommended

Hello 840 G7 has Intel prcosser of 10th generation, so the integrated graphics card can support a maxium of 3 video streams.

it means 3 in total, 3 external or 2 external + 1 internal.

see this page for example: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201892/intel-core-i510310u-processor-6m-cache-u...

bye

HP Recommended

Got it. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.