Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP USB-C Dock G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My setup will not do 4k at 60hz, what the HDMI cable did do tho vs an older hdmi cable was it was able to turn on HDR.  But other than that, can the G5 docking station output 4k at 60hz?  We already know it can do 4k 30hz.  

EliteBook 840 G6 i5-8365U, USB-C Dock G5, Hdmi high speed 4k 60hz cable. 

For refence I even tried some new "8k" cables which do 4k 120hz and it was the same result, 4k 30hz only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So it says Apple on one display on a DP 1.4 is UHD@60hz .  I've tried using a displayport to hdmi adapter and still only get 30hz at 4k.

I have a Club 3d display port to hdmi adapter coming (not the one capable of 4k120hz tho), hopefully I can use the DP and finally get 60hz.

I finally figured it out, I had to go to the BIOS and check the box for: Enable High Resolution mode when connected to a USB-C DP alt mode dock this reduces the usb speed to 2.0.  I dont need super fast usb speeds so I'm good.

4k 60hz now works by doing this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@15snake 

Please use a table on page 5 of the following document

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So it says Apple on one display on a DP 1.4 is UHD@60hz .  I've tried using a displayport to hdmi adapter and still only get 30hz at 4k.

I have a Club 3d display port to hdmi adapter coming (not the one capable of 4k120hz tho), hopefully I can use the DP and finally get 60hz.

I finally figured it out, I had to go to the BIOS and check the box for: Enable High Resolution mode when connected to a USB-C DP alt mode dock this reduces the usb speed to 2.0.  I dont need super fast usb speeds so I'm good.

4k 60hz now works by doing this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.