Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have been thinking about getting an Lg 5k2k  monitor but my friend has one and we are trying it with my hp spectre x360 15-bl112dx. The problem is that if you connect the display using thunderbolt 3( got the .8m apple one) the 5k resolution disappears. If I use the other type c connector (not the thunderbolt 3, this laptop has two  ) the 5k2k resolution appears but only at 30hz (but the capability of charging, audio and video are not present just video with the type c not thunderbolt3) which is really bad. I did the research about needed Titan ridge but couldnt find if this laptop has titan ridge support needed for such resolution. 

Can this laptop drive a 5k2k with a thunderbolt 3 cable?? 

I tried thunderbolt 3 to display port and same 5k2k at 30hz ???

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Prademartinez 

Please use a list on page 3 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357610.pdf

When using more than 3840×2160, system will scan down from 60Hz to 30Hz. The Thunderbolt 3 port should support up to 5K with a right cable and right monitor.

https://www.datapro.net/techinfo/thunderbolt_info.html#q5

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

so which is the right cable that I can use to drive the lg 5k2k with this laptop??

HP Recommended

Does this laptop has titan ridge support? 

Your answer dosnt answer my question, help will be appreciated!

HP Recommended

@Prademartinez 

What is the model/product of your LG monitor ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My friend has a LG 34WK95U (5k2k) monitor, and I'm wondering if my laptop hp spectre x360 15-bl112dx  will be able to drive the monitor in 5120x2160 at 60hz? And what cable I need since I have tried thunderbolt 3 cable but wont get to 60 hz only to 30hz

HP Recommended

@Prademartinez 

Do you have

(a) Software and driver which come with it ?

(b) and important thing: please use the cable with comes with it.

People say the Apple cable won't work with Mac Book that why it won't work with HP machine. People keep saying Thunderbolt 3 is standard but whose standard ?

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.