Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 17-cb1018no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So either is product is the most unreliable and problem ridded which means this will be the last time I get an HP machine, or I am experiencing bad luck.

So I have been trying to contact HP support but they do not reply(why would they right?) ....So it seems suddenly I cannot change laptop screen brightness....I can "change" it to 0 or 100 but it does nothing to the actual brigtness.

I paid 2000e for this duck. Is there any way of fixing this before I send it back?

But now when looking at this forum and seeing no post is getting any answers I would like to suggest people just return their **bleep**ty HP products since they care not to give any support with their faulty products

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@paskaaperssiis Here's what you need to do:

1) Search for Device Manager in Start Menu
2) Expand the Monitors section
3) Right click on Generic PnP Monitor and 
4) Click on Enable and you are good!

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Actually I needed to update BIOS but the basic "light" of the screen(300hz) is quite....dark in tone.

I was actually surprised this laptop does not have the intel 630 integrated gpu in it even though this is supposed to be hm470 motherboard...So much is strange about this machine. Anyway I can still return it

HP Recommended

paskaaperssiis_0-1602490887921.pngWhy don´t I have this in my comp?

paskaaperssiis_1-1602490926463.png

HP Recommended

@paskaaperssiis

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Ok. I´m done with this error full hp forum. I am done with you. I am done.
You seriosly saying I HAVE TO DO THINGS FOR YOU?
I ASKED: Why I do not have the GPU THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE INTEGRATED IN MY HM470 chip?
What is this pre"installed" laptop? THis is just utter mess of a machine.
Because you guys are not even trying I have decided to return this piece of sh-i-t machine.
Already posted a consumer review giving it one star and listing all the problems with it, including the HP service help that does not even know what they are doing.
For 2000e this is not worth the money.
NExt you probably are going to instruct me to install the components that are missing... myself right?

HP Recommended

@paskaaperssiis I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can simply click here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I would like to get back to this issue now with final word after 3 weeks of suffering and pain.

First of all the said laptop is riddled with problems, and not worth 1900 euros. SO anyone reading this. Buy the Asus one of same class(Bang & Olufsens audio is p"#s poor too)..

Second, HP offers absolutely no help in dealing with their faulty product. After several question on this site, I get no answers for days. Then I get promised help from a "concerned" team, the I get another email, from this team that does not have the capability to even check the emails attachements(I had to direct them how to see them). Then I agree on a phone time and day for the next TWO days. The call never arrives.
In fact they call for a week on every day but not the those two that we agreed on. In fact, I am busy on those other times they call, because they call at an INPPROPRIATE TIME(working etc.).

So the outcome? HP "concerned team" eff off the customers reasonable wishes and lets the customer suffer in their own made pile of "#"¤".

You guys have the worst website to get help(its sluggish and error riddled) and have the worst customer service one can ever dream of.

P"#¤ OFF

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.