Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop is Envy 13-ah1125nd, which has a USB-C port. Although i have checked the manual and stated that it supports Display port output, i don't see the display port icon next to the USB-C port. Unfortunately, my external monitor cannot receive any signal when the laptop was connected with a USB-C - to - Display port adapter, and a Display port to HDMI cable connected to the monitor.

My question is, if this laptop is capable to connect an external monitor (standard 1920 x 1080)? Furthermore, do i need any drivers for display output? This laptop is equipped with nVIDIA GeForce MX150, but i could not install any drivers (which is downloaded from HP) and thus i only use the internal Intel display.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@franz_krystian 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c06180014

It USB-C port supports Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.2 it also has 65 W AC power adapter therefore you can use USB-C Gen 5 port to connect to more than 2 monitors (depending on resolution). The USB-C to Display port with DisplayLink certified should work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you @Banhein, i'll try to install all the drivers to see if it works !

HP Recommended

I have this laptop. The screen got broken off, but it still worked. so, I got a new pc screen and hooked it up. It worked. Randomly, the laptop screen stopped working. Then  somehow, on the computer, the screen got disconnected in settings. Because the laptop screen doesn't work, I can't reconnect it in settings. So now I can't use my computer.😔

HP Recommended

I completely understand your frustration. I had the same. 

I bought a connector and it supposes to work as I had checked the manual before i bought it . Just as @Banhien had mentioned it should be compatible. And when I digged into the computer, I found that the laptop was not set as using GeForce graphics but only Intel graphics (this laptop is not used by me but I just gave my hand to solve the problem). What a stupid settings from the factory that a laptop with external graphics was set to use internal graphics as the factory default. And I'm sure the user did not change much about the settings/drivers etc. And when I wanted to update the drivers, most of them which i could download are not working, since the Windows has been updated for a few versions already, and this laptop is only roughly two years old.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.