Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot detect webcam

HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to use my webcam for weeks. It does not work on split cam, skype or any other webcam based software. I do not know if my webcam was damaged or if this is just a problem with the software.

Model number: HP pavilion dv7-6135dx
Running on Windows 10 64 bit

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot detect webcam

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome @erikv145!

I understand that you are having an issue getting the webcam to work for you on your HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx Entertainment Notebook PC. You said that the webcam does not work on split cam, skype or any other webcam based software.

Is the camera listed in the Device Manager?

Have you done your Windows Updates?

Have you done your HP Support Assistant updates?

Did the webcam work in previous operating systems?

There are no drivers available for Windows 10 on your Software and Driver page at this time due to updates. While I was there checking for drivers, there is an alert that says: "HP has not tested this product for upgrade to Windows 10 and will not be developing Windows 10 drivers for this product..." 

Screenshot: 

Source: HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx Entertainment Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads

This is where the HP Support Assistant could be very helpful. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating now.

Here is a document for you called Webcam Troubleshooting. Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this document. 

If the webcam is listed in the device manager, have you tried to uninstall it?

If not, please follow these steps:

• Uninstall the Webcam driver in Device Manager
  • Restart the Notebook twice 

If that does not work, please try to Disable the webcam

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation