cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mturturro
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Cannot disable or uninstall Windows 10 Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP Laptop 15-db0xxx

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-db0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot disable or uninstall Windows 10 Synaptics SMBus TouchPad, Location: plugged into PS/2 mouse port, Device Type: Mice and other pointing devices, Driver Version: 19.5.35.54, Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher. Cannot disable in Settings as there is no feature to disable it (no radio button, no slide switch just sensitivity is my option), cannot disable from task manager – says I’m not allowed, cannot disable in Device Manager as the selection is darkened and un-selectable. I have uninstalled it several times and each time at start up it just reinstalls itself. So I tried again, this time in airplane mode and it just installed some generic version then once out of airplane mode Synaptic reinstalled, AGAIN. I want to delete the system32 files associated with at this point but do not know anything about what effect it would have on my keyboard or actual mouse. I haven’t a clue as to how to manipulate Bios but am able to follow instructions. HELP. I want to murder this TouchPad and that is simply bad manners.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation