Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15t-da000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2 identical HP Notebook - 15t-da000 CTO laptops. Both have the latest ver Win 10 64 bit. Both use a USB mouse.

Laptop #1 touchpad settings show the expected mouse settings w/Synaptics  devise settings tab and checkbox for disabling when a USB mouse is installed.

Laptop #2 does not have the Synaptics device settings tab and no checkbox to disable. I have uninstalled the touchpad driver (many times), deleted the files, and rebooted to let Windows reinstall the Synaptics driver automatically - which it does. Yet, the Synaptics tab still does not appear.

Laptop #1 (The "evaluation copy" is as installed when doing a fresh install of Win 10)

Speccy shows the following peripheral mouse and touchpad devices:

Laptop #1:

HID-compliant mouse
Device Kind Mouse
Device Name HID-compliant mouse
Vendor Microsoft
Location Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse
Driver
Synaptics SMBus TouchPad
Device Kind Mouse
Device Name Synaptics SMBus TouchPad
Vendor SYN
Location Mobile 7th/8th Generation Intel Processor Family I/O LPC Controller (U with iHDCP2.2 Premium) - 9D4E
Driver

Laptop #2:

HID-compliant mouse
Device Kind Mouse
Device Name HID-compliant mouse
Vendor Unknown
Location USB Input Device
Driver
Synaptics SMBus TouchPad
Device Kind Mouse
Device Name Synaptics SMBus TouchPad
Vendor SYN
Location Mobile 7th Generation Intel Processor Family I/O LPC Controller (U Premium) - 9D58
Driver 

Notice the difference in the Intel Processor Family Controller. #1 (the good one) has  (U with iHDCP2.2 Premium) - 9D4E while the bad one has (U Premium) - 9D58. This is the only difference I can find and for the life of me cannot figure out what is going on.

Sure could use some help here. The #2 laptop is my wife's and she hates the touchpad.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.