Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this pen, which is a active stylus, as a replacement to my pen i got with my laptop. my laptop is the spectre x360 convertible. I've tried clicking to links with no luck nor have I had any success connecting my pen to my laptop. i have tried everything. please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KittyCat131 

Does your computer support an Active Stylus?

You can verify whether the stylus is supported using the HP Virtual Assistant.

Notes

Not every notebook supports a stylus.

Depending on the stylus, you may need a control or driver.

HP Pen / 1MR94AA

If the computer model fully supports the HP Pen / stylus, you might find the HP Pen Control in your computer's category Software and Drivers.

If the stylus is not supported, the Pen Control or Driver will not make any difference.

The Tilt Pen requires a driver.  The driver is sensitive to the version of Windows 10 you are running.

Category Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Look for Compatible Product(s) using the HP Virtual Agent - HPVA

Compatibility Check

Check the data for yourself using the HP Virtual Assistant

Consumer systems can open the agent at the product homepage.

Consumer Notebook Examples:  Notebook, Pavilion, Spectre, Envy, and others

• Open the Support Home for your Computer.
  • Click / Open the Virtual Agent (lower right corner of the homepage screen / web page).
  • Wait for the Virtual Agent to be ready to receive your question.
  • Ask your question – For example, ask:  “Which pen is compatible with my computer?”
  • Follow the prompts, answer the questions.
  • NOTE that in most cases, it is enough to search at the "series" level, or select a model similar to yours from the list within your model series.
  • Note that a compatible product result does not guarantee the HP Store carries that product in stock.

• Thanks for using the HP Virtual Assistant.

Example Questions: 

Which dock is compatible with my computer?

Is Thunderbolt dock compatible with my computer?

Which pen is compatible with my computer?

Notes:

• A compatible product result does not guarantee the HP Store carries that product.
  • If you “Finish” the Virtual Assistant chat session, the assistant uses the data to improve the behavior. 
  • The HP Virtual Assistant is not yet true “AI”, but finishing the inquiry does help the software get better over time.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.