Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot update Intel Graphics 520 Driver using Intel Driver Update Utility

Pavilion ab243cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting the VDR TDR Failure (igdkmd64.sys) error.  I open up the Intel Driver Update Utility & it states that it cannot update the driver.

Error:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer.  The Intel Driver Update Utlity is not able to update the driver.  Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues.  Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

I have  version 15.40.25.4463 of Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10.

How am I to update this driver?  

This is extremely frustrating.  Why would you make a product that is difficult to update?

JPaw

3 REPLIES
Provost
Provost
9487 1667 4684
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

It appears you have the latest production release of the Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10. The only other driver listed on Intel's support website is 14.40.26.4474 which is a BETA version. This BETA driver doesn't appear to address the issue you are having.

HP hasn't made it difficult to update the driver. The Intel driver installer is what is telling you it can't install the driver. This is because there is a customized version of the driver on the computer and replacing it with a generic driver may cause issues or loss of functionality of the hardware.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos
JpawFam Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.    I thought this was more of an HP customer support.  I understand your frustration too.   I do not appreciate your rant.  I will search for help elsewhere.   May you have a good day.  

Jami

@lasvegaswireman wrote:

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

It appears you have the latest production release of the Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10. The only other driver listed on Intel's support website is 14.40.26.4474 which is a BETA version. This BETA driver doesn't appear to address the issue you are having.

HP hasn't made it difficult to update the driver. The Intel driver installer is what is telling you it can't install the driver. This is because there is a customized version of the driver on the computer and replacing it with a generic driver may cause issues or loss of functionality of the hardware.

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
9487 1667 4684
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry you feel that way, however I was just letting you know that this isn't official HP Customer Support... as indicated by the Rules of Participation;

"The HP Support Forum is a place where people with HP products and services collaborate with each other. HP employees participate on the forum as well, but it is our primary intent to let users interact with other users. We have a strong community of volunteers, HP partners and HP employees, that strive to help as many people as they can. However, due to the nature of a user to user community, HP does not guarantee that questions will get an immediate response. To learn more about our community and its best practices visit our First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More board. If you have feedback you would like to share, visit Forum Feedback & Suggestions..."

Again, the issue you are having isn't addressed by the current Intel BETA driver and you have the most current production driver. Many times a display driver error isn't the fault of the display driver itself, but a conflict with other other driver on the computer. Example... years ago I was having a similar issue with my AMD graphics card and it's driver... turned out to be an issue with the system USB driver.

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation