Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Changing screen in Elitebook 745

HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an Elitebook 745.  it's a nice machine,  but I do not like the screen that's on it.

I've always been used to working with a glossy screen,  and I cannot get used to the matte screen that's on my new Elitebook.

I've checked a bit on the web,  and I saw that there are glossy screens available for this machine as well.

Most of the ones I see on the web are 1366 x 768 resoluten.  Although the screen I have now is 1600 x 900,  the lower resolution is now problem for me.  

I work in 1366 x 768 anyway.  Because my eyesight is not quite 100%,  I prefer to have the objects on the screen a bit larger.

Now my question is this:

I was told,  that since I use the screen in that resolution anyway,  it would even be better to buy a 1366 x 768 screen,  because it is than used in it's "native resolution" and will be a bit sharper for that reason.  Can anyone confirm this?

And would it be possible to change my screen not only for a glossy one,  but also a IPS type screen.

I've seen those,  as wel,  but for the 840 series.   Would I be able to use one of those?

The Elitebook I've got is a 745 G2.   The screen that's in it now is a N140FGE-E32 Rev. C2.

Any anvise is highliy appreciated....

By the way:  If you ever need to open the top of an elitebook without leaving any marks:  Use a piece of dental floss!

It's just the right stuff to get between the bezel and the top lid 🙂

I

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation