Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Need a solution beyond a hot key fix to disable the touchscreen once and for all. The not secure hot key fix is preventing deployment of a fleet of chromebooks.

Is there a wire to cut in the harness, a trace to drill out on the motherboard or display or flex cable. Hot fix does not hold on reboot and to easily undone.  Need a fix ! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Superspark Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Chromebook 11 g8 ee permanently disable the touchscreen.

Please try the below steps and check.

1. Sign out of your Chromebook.
  2. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
  3. Select Restart.
  4. In the box that appears, select Powerwash and then Continue.
  5. Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
    Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the Owner account
  6. Once you've reset your Chromebook:
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your chromebook
    • Check if the problem is fixed

• Toggle touchscreen: Search+Shift+T
  • Toggle touchpad: Search+Shift+P

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks,

But this is a bandaid fix I'm looking for a  permanent fix. The solution you suggest clears on a reboot. Can you tell me what wires to cut or pin to lift on the IC. Let me be clear I'm looking for a permanent fix disable the touch screen or have hp ship me a truck load of non touch screens.

HP Recommended

@Superspark

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.