Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromecast problem

Probook 450G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 brand new HP Probooks 450 G5s. They are identical and the problem is identical on both.

I can connect to Chromecast and cast YouTube or Netflix with no problem, BUT if I cast a plain vanilla webpage, the image on the TV screen freezes after between 2 and 20 seconds. The image in my Chrome browser looks just fine, but the TV shows a static image.

I installed a VM on the laptop from a plain vanilla Win10 installation. I can cast from the VM perfectly.

I've also updated the video driver, but that made no difference.

As a temporary workaround, I bought a Mircast dongle. That works fine, but that's not a solution because when you bring your laptop to a friends home, Chromecast is the standard. They don't have Miracast.

So, it "looks like" the issue is somewhere in the HP environment, but I have no idea of what is causing the issue.

I sure hope you have the solution.

4 REPLIES 4
David2233 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromecast problem

So, HP has closed this ticket saying that the answer should come from Google as they make the Chromecast. Since I have no problem casting from my other laptops, or desktop to the very same Chromecast on the very same TV, there is nothing wrong with the Chromecast or the service google is providing.

Also, the HP laptop, running a plain vanilla Windows 10 installation on a Virtual Machine, has NO problem casting. 

I'd really rather not have to wipe the laptop and reinstall a plain vanilla version of Windows 10, without any of the HP drivers etc.

Two brand new HP Probooks 450 G5 laptops with the same exact problem is not a coincidence.

The point is that this is NOT a google issue; it is an HP issue.

I see that >75 people have viewed this post, so this issue must be pretty common.

C'mon HP, we really need you to address this.

bosssk Tutor
Tutor
17 11 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromecast problem

did your problem get solved?

i dont have chromecast but same kind of issue i am facing during miracast mirroring from my hp probook 450 g5 to samsung tv

only thing which solved the problem for now is disabling intel management engine interface driver i hope it helps you too

opus31 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromecast problem

try disable LiveQos NDIS 6 Filter Driver in the wifi adapter settings

0 Kudos
DJTriviaNevada Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromecast problem

Check to see if your laptop has an Intel Wireless-AC 9461 WiFi Adapter.  I narrowed my search down to this component that is not compatible with Chromecast and certain streaming services (Youtube streaming works fine for example, but trying to stream a slideshow from my Trivia Game did not)  When I used a USB WiFi Dongle it streamed fine.  I suspect many newer lHP laptops use this component and thus the Chromecast issues with HP Laptops.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation