Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j170us Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 home. As a result I no longer have access to touch screen functionality and it is not detecting the touch screen. I also no longer have the software my 

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j170us Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Came with, such as Beats by Dre, Simplepass Etc. I need the softwrare restored and I need the drivers restored for the Touch screen to work. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't help you with the touchscreen issue.

Normally the graphics driver should be all you need.

There are no standalone touchscreen drivers.

The W10 audio software on your notebook's support page no longer works on the newer releases of W10.

See if this IDT/Beats audio software from a newer model notebook works on yours.  Install and restart the PC.

6.10.6492.0     Jul 17, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

This is the latest Simplepass software that HP released for W10...

8.01.92       Apr 2, 2018

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp86501-87000/sp86959.exe

HP Recommended

Simplepass is not the only software I lost and you're basically telling me you don't know a fix for the touch screen or how to get ALL the software that was bundled with my PC who do I contact to get this all fixed? I mean after the clean install HP hardware diagnostics nor microsoft pen and touch is showing that I even have touch screen capabilities. The drivers are all up to date. I mean I honestly feel like Microsoft tech support had to do a clean install to fix a problem Microsoft tech support rep initially caused on my computer through messing up during his remote access. I need to know who CAN fix this. Who CAN get my software back. Because every time I run the troubleshooter for getting my software back it says the page can not be found. This is ridiculous. 

HP Recommended

And NO it is not a hardware issue. It was working perfectly fine before the initial microsoft rep did a custom install of Windows 10 educational. I had a clean install done of Windows Home and updated all drivers available on the website and through Microsoft update.. Who can help me resolve this issue. It is a SOFTWARE issue. The hardware is fine. 

HP Recommended

To clarify when I say its a software issue I mean the beats by dre and the touchscreen. The hardware itself is perfectly fine. It was completely operable before the initial custom install had to be done. And henceforth it has become inoperable. Even after a clean install of Win 10 home AND the rep said that the specific driver for the touch screen DID update. Its still not functioning. Somethings going on with the software/drivers for the touch screen capabilities. Because as I said the hardware was working perfectly fine before the original custom install of Win 10 educational edition. 

HP Recommended

As well as every time I run the troubleshooter in HP support for recovery of software the device came with it directs me to a window that says this page can not be found. It's as if if your product is out of date and a clean install has to be done HP gives you one option, pay for them to remote access to give you back all the **bleep** you already paid for when you purchased the laptop. And that's just messed up

HP Recommended

Let's get something straight right from the get-go.

I don't work for or represent HP.

So don't take your frustrations out on me.

You mentioned the audio and simplepass.   Now you tell me you are missing everything.

If you want everything the way it was, your only option would be to order W8.1 recovery media for your model, and then upgrade back to W10.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-15-j100-Notebook-PC-series/5401191/model/...

After you use the recovery media to install W8.1, you can upgrade back to W10 by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you want additional assistance, please start a new post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.