Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw0006nv

Hello all. Last week i bought a HP Pavilion - 15-cw0006nv laptop. What i noticed while trying to install different software (office etc.) that clickpad (or touchpad) was freezing and i had to wait for 5 - 10 seconds to continue working and several times while scrolling it was like clicking in different parts of the screen.

So for a brand new device this is quite frustrating. I downloaded HP Assistant and upgraded the drivers and still the same. This because a little bit better when i changed a few settings ftrom Touchpad settings but freezing issue still is there.

I cannot hard reset the device because battery is in the shell and cannot be detached.

Also, if you have any recommended settings for touchpad to be normally operational without random clicks while scrolling and especially without freezing, it would be helpful.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pm4698,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues with the touchpad freezing. I'd like to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

Let's start off by performing a Hard Reset -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected. 
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 
4) Plug-in the Adapter. 
5) Try to turn on the computer. 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest you update the Touchpad Driver from Device Manager

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Mice and other pointing device, expand the list
- Right-click the Touchpad driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to run a test on the touchpad from F2(Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pm4698,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues with the touchpad freezing. I'd like to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

Let's start off by performing a Hard Reset -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected. 
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 
4) Plug-in the Adapter. 
5) Try to turn on the computer. 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest you update the Touchpad Driver from Device Manager

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Mice and other pointing device, expand the list
- Right-click the Touchpad driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to run a test on the touchpad from F2(Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet! Thank you for your quick response!

As i mentioned, this is a brand new laptop and i faced this issue while trying to install basic software like Java, adobe reader, google chrome, microsoft office, antivirus software (all official versions), so this issue was there.

I will try to perform a hard reset and do all the other stuff described to your answer and i will come back to you

HP Recommended

@pm4698,

I am responding on behalf of @Jeet_singh as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Please try the steps and let me know how it goes.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for all the help and quick response! I run windows diagnostics, updated software driver from devices manager, downloaded all windows updates and now it seems to work just fine!

I will let you know if i have similar issues (because i didn't check extensively but just for a couple of minutes but i think it should be fine!)

HP Recommended

@pm4698

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.