Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j141na Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Could somebody please advise, I have owned my Notebook since new but noticed within the first six months, or so, that the coating was wearing away on my touchpad with just minimal daily use and is now quite badly worn and looks quite unsightly. My warranty has expired now but I have been informed that this particular problem is quite common and is a manufacturer defect and that i can get it rectified, by HP, regardless of my standard warranty running out.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mercbaz 

Interesting.

Cosmetic, I guess - the device itself works.

Did the person / site that informed you that HP will fix the issue also provide how this is being done?

HP Document?  Alert message from HP? 

If yes, I would hope the instructions are included.

What else?

"We" cannot do anything about the situation, of course.

What I can do is to send your question for Review.

If there is a response, you will see it here before anyone tries to contact you using other means.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.