2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Colours washed out

Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

The colours on my computer are extremely washed out and unsaturated. I tried to callibrate the colour display settings but it asked me to use the buttons on my monitor, the only buttons I have to change the screen display is the brightness buttons. I tried to install the newest drivers but my computer does not support them.

How do I callibrate my screen colours as I don't have buttons to do so?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 934
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Colours washed out

Hi @CatWoman27,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I see you are facing a display quality issue with your computer. Glad to help. 

May I know the product number of your computer?

Kudo to you for checking the display driver and settings.

Recommend you to boot the computer to BIOS by tapping F10 on startup. Check if the display is faded in BIOS as well. 

BIOS is independent of the operating system. If the display is faded in BIOS as well, recommend you to contact our phone support for the service options. 

If the display is fine in BIOS, please uninstall the display driver from device manager, delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart the computer. 

Run HP Support Assistant to check for driver updates and diagnose the issue. Click here for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Colours washed out

the product number is G6R21UA#ABL, I went into the bios settings but couldn,t tell much of a difference so i will probably contact someone over phone support in the near future, thank you again for the info 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 934
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Colours washed out

Thanks for the reply and checking the display in BIOS. If the display is not clear in BIOS as well, then the issue is with the display. Please do check with our phone support for the service options. 

Let me know how it goes.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation