Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
BamaYo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq presario cq60

Cq60 214dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
I replaced my LCD cable (with two different cables) from the the stock one because it wouldnt fully display if not pushed all the way back. When I replaced the cable I put it all back together and it comes on without the previous problem but now it displays 4 identical screens like. 1 2
3 4
I have tried updating the drivers for the video chooser and have even loaded previous drivers but to no avail still 4 screens. Can anyone help me out?
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq presario cq60

Hi @BamaYo

Welcome to the HP Forum! :) It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

i grasp that you replaced the LCD cable with two different cables as it would not fully display unless it was pushed all the way back. The original problem has been alleviated, but now the screen is split into 4 identical screens. You have tried updating the driver and rolling back  to the previous driver to no avail. Have you checked the display settings, what are they set at?  If you start in safe mode does the issue remain.

HP PCs - Windows 7 Safe Mode. You stated you replaced the LCD cable with two different ones you had in stock.  Do you mean that you tried two different stock cables individually and you have the split screen issue regardless of which one you use? Please keep me apprised of

your progress.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
BamaYo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq presario cq60

Hello!
Thank you for responding! Yes I have the same problem with the two individual cables I have tried. I booted in safe mode and it still has the four screens. My display setting are set to default monitor and I have to run it at 800x600 to see I can move it up to 1024x768 but I can barely read it.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1899
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq presario cq60

Hi @BamaYo,

Thank you for the update. As the issue remained when you booted into safe mode, you have ruled out software as the cause as only the basic drivers would have been used. Please contact HP Support for further assistance. Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation