Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-ed1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if the HP rechargeable MPP 2.0 pen is compatible with my laptop. I couldn't find this information in my laptop's user guide or my maintenance/service guide or anywhere online.

I lost the pen that came with my laptop, and need to replace it. However the packaging and instructions of the pen do not mention a name. There is a spare parts number (L93571-B22), but I can't figure out how to find the name of a product based on this number as searching the HP website with that number shows no results (same with the PartsSurfer). The pen that came with my laptop looks like the MPP 2.0 title pen though, so I was hoping it was the same (or a similar one). However, I cannot figure out if it is compatible with my laptop.

My laptop is a "HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ed1xxx" with "Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points". (this info is from my settings)

Any help with figuring out the name of the pen that came with my laptop and if the MPP 2.0 tilt pen is compatible with my laptop would be great. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@R93 

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

If you cannot find the pen that came with the computer for sale, it is likely just not available anymore.

Try a re-seller like eBay for old / original stock.

Checking one of the many models in the series..

Compatible

Accessories

1MR94AA

HP Pen  P.N. 910942-001

Accessories

3J122AA

HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 Tilt Pen

Accessories

3J123AA

HP Pen Control Application

Compatibility List

HP Store – UK - Technical Details / compatibility product list for Pen / Part # 3J123AA

https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=3J123AA&opt=ABB&sel=ACC

How to find model name / product number:

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Reminder:  Do Not post the serial number or any private information in the Community – we are a public resource.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@R93 

The number doesn't help

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L93571-B22

From its Manual Page 24) you can use

Stylus:

• Sunwoda stylus active pen in dark ash finish part # 920241-001
  • Sunwoda stylus active pen in natural silver finish # part # 910942-001

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Neither of those pens is the one that it came with, so there must be other pens that are compatible with my laptop. Where do I find the list of other pens compatible with my laptop? As well, it says there are no results when I look up those pens on the HP website. 

As well, can you tell me if the HP Rechargeable MPP 2.0 tilt pen is compatible with my laptop, or a list of all the laptops that it is compatible with?

Also, I already know that the parts number is not working on the PartsSurfer (as mentioned in my original post). Is there no other way to search for a product via its parts number? That is the only identifying information that came with the pen (other than the barcode and numbers on the box's sticker).

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@R93 

I only follow the book. I actually use Pen HP P/N 905512-002 for my Envy machine. I tested it with a Dell stylus, a Microsoft stylus and  all of them worked.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@R93 

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

If you cannot find the pen that came with the computer for sale, it is likely just not available anymore.

Try a re-seller like eBay for old / original stock.

Checking one of the many models in the series..

Compatible

Accessories

1MR94AA

HP Pen  P.N. 910942-001

Accessories

3J122AA

Accessories

3J123AA

HP Pen Control Application

Compatibility List

HP Store – UK - Technical Details / compatibility product list for Pen / Part # 3J123AA

https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=3J123AA&opt=ABB&sel=ACC

How to find model name / product number:

Finding your Product Name, Product Number, or Serial Number

Reminder:  Do Not post the serial number or any private information in the Community – we are a public resource.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.