Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G7-1139wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Folks!
I am looking for a replacement screen for my G7.  The originally installed model was the LTN173KT01-k01.  I am just wondering if there are any other models that will work for my system.  The screen is a 17.3" 40-pin, 1600x900.

I could really use some info here fellas, I've done some Googling but haven't had much luck.  I reckon that's why I'm here! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NXS,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you need information and assistance related to the display for your HP notebook. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

I did go through the Product specifications and found that your PC is shipped with 17.3” diagonal High Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900) Display.

Please go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook, this has the list of parts which are tested and compatible with your model of your PC.

For more details, please use this information: 

Chapter 3. Illustrated Parts catalog - Display assembly subcomponents - Page number 28.

Chapter 6. Chapter 4 Removal and replacement procedures for authorized service provider parts  - Display assembly - page number 93

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

If you find difficulty replacing the part, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NXS,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you need information and assistance related to the display for your HP notebook. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

I did go through the Product specifications and found that your PC is shipped with 17.3” diagonal High Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900) Display.

Please go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook, this has the list of parts which are tested and compatible with your model of your PC.

For more details, please use this information: 

Chapter 3. Illustrated Parts catalog - Display assembly subcomponents - Page number 28.

Chapter 6. Chapter 4 Removal and replacement procedures for authorized service provider parts  - Display assembly - page number 93

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

If you find difficulty replacing the part, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you!  I found the actual part number on page 28; the ones listed on page 93 are just for the different colors offered, so far as I can tell.  Still, you've helped quite a bit so I appreciate it very much! 

HP Recommended

@NXS,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.