Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce3504na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
In brief  - How can I contact HP so I can escalate this complaint

Hello
I am having trouble with best2serve regarding the repair of my laptop.
They are stating there needs to be a proof of a manufacturing fault before they will consider a repair (despite me raising the issue with Currys PC World well within 12 months of purchase).

The fault with the laptop (HP Pavilion 14-ce3504na) in my experience has been a faulty hinge attaching the monitor to the keyboard - this started as the frame/casing separating itself from the LCD screen clips, this deteriorated over a short time and has now culminated in the casing separating completely from the monitor (on the right hand corner and side). This defect has now led to a black bar/failure of the display from top to bottom, cracking the LCD screen.

I purchased the laptop in January 2020. In September 2020 I brought it into Tech support at Currys as the HDMI was not working correctly with an old TV - the issue with the screen/hinge was present at the time; the advisor said they could send off the machine to get the screen casing repaired at that time which would take around 2 weeks or longer (covid restrictions effecting timescale).
I required my laptop for work until November so was unable to go without it as no accurate timescale was available.
When the shops closed at Christmas for another lockdown, I extended my warranty so my cover would extend until they reopened. I could then get it repaired when everything opened up again, I was advised there would be no issues with this by Currys PC World customer service.
The screen display has now become unusable - due to call volumes and the sheer disarray caused by the pandemic, there is no written proof of my exchange with Currys Customer Service (over the phone) or even with Tech Support (in store). Everyone told me this could be sorted when the stores reopen and I had nothing to worry about. 

The retailer is unable to assist at this time as the warranty is held with Best 2 Serve - who in turn refuse to honour the extended warranty as this supposedly falls outside their criteria - despite the retailer assuring me it would be resolved without any of this ridiculous level of stress, false statements and inconvenience.

I appreciate any advice offered at this time.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@_AnneMarie_

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 
This sounds like hardware related issue with the Hinge casing assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Eventually I found the correct contact for HP support in the UK on Whatsapp - and after 3 hours - with HP stating they can help to there's nothing they can do/ contact Currys/ it's physical damage 'natural occurrence' to hardware issue (which best2serve state they cover) - HP warranty only covers 30days to then offer to collect the laptop to be checked by their service/hardware team.

This is as far as I got in trying to solve this with my laptop due to be collected today.

Upon reviewing this website - it seems to be a very common manufacturing fault

HP Recommended

Hi _AnneMarie_, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I'd be happy to help! We at HP take your privacy very seriously and for your protection we ask that you delete your last public post and send us a Private Message and I'll look into this.

To learn how to use the HP Support Community, refer to this post.  

  

It’s been a pleasure interacting with you. 

  

Have a good day ahead. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.