Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Gaming 15-AK032NG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavillion Gaming 15-AK032NG Notebook, which works fine and I’m satisfied with it. But it’s not a “business notebook”, it’s 4-year-old and has no USB-C, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt or something similar. It has only one HDMI port and USB 3.

On other side I have 2 “Dell P2421DC” Monitors with which I work from another business notebook (for my job).

Is it possible to connect the 2 Monitors to the HP Notebook Pavillion Gaming 15-AK032NG, so that I can extend the monitors (not only duplicate)? I agree with every solution (external hardware) that works. As I research for a solution, I found none, none that I can be sure it works.

For any idea, thank you in advance!

Best Regards

Emanuil

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Emanuil 

Sorry, but no one can tell you for sure because there is an element of uncertainty in this.  Connecting the HDMI port to a monitor, if it has an HDMI input, will most certainly work.  But if that needs an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the monitor -- no one knows if that is going to work or not because adapters are not reliable.  The USB situation is even worse because you need an adapter and cable for that, too.

I have a USB port connected to a monitor and I had to go through three identical model adapters until I found one that worked.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

What do you mean by "The USB situation is even worse because you need an adapter and cable for that, too"? If a I have a monitor over HDMI and another one over USB with whatever another adapter or/and cable, no problem. But what cable and adapter do I need to connect a monitor over USB to my notebook?

HP Recommended

@Emanuil 

I already explained why that is worse in my comments -- in that I had to go through several USB adapters until I found one that worked.

We can not tell you specifically what cable and adapters -- because the cables depend on the jacks on the PC and the jacks on the monitors.  If the two have different jacks, then you have to go online and look for an adapter that allows you to connect the cable to the monitor or to the PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.