Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We bought the laptop for business because of the 16GB Ram. Lots of multitasking and VMs, large display, strong hw, gigabit port, etc ...

No one said USB-C video was disabled!

What type of USB-A (3.1) dock works with my laptop? USB-C does not work in any way.
I now have 2 monitors for work, but I can only use one!
This faulty communication does not improve HP's reputation ...! USB-C basically supports video output, so this is just a marketing decision for HP. At the expense of the buyer, for a lot of money.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I have a similar case. Another word of warning: also power via USB-C is not working. 

The brochure for the product says: "Power your device or connect to an external display from just one USB-C™ port with 5 Gb/s signaling rate. And it's reversible, so you never have to worry about plugging in upside down." http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/c06464778.pdf
HP Recommended

Hi @HeikkiKU

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Let me know!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

This is the perfect solution! More monitors, more USB ports!IMG_20200810_125621.jpg

https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2423/usb_3.2_gen_1_dual_display_4k60hz_docking_station/

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply @Jay_G24. My laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0013no, product number: 8RR35EA#UUW.

Can you please confirm for me that the USB-C port does not have video or power enabled?

HP Recommended

@Foghorn73, I am very surprised by your solution. This would signify that the laptop indeed HAS video enabled on the USB-C port. I am more confused why the HP USB-C G5 dock won't work then (tested with another laptop, the dock is ok).

I suppose the Club3D dock won't charge the laptop? I can see you have a power cable connected there.

HP Recommended

NO!

Power is OK, but video only works with USB-A! USB-C is disabled for video!

My information from distributor: it's "only" a gaming laptop, not for business use...😡 It means, you forget the multimonnitor game too...

HP Recommended

In that case, I don't think you should mark a solution as accepted... the problem is not solved, you just bought another piece of technology to get around it...

HP Recommended

If you think... my problem is solved. You don't have other way than USB-A dock for this laptop. It's not an error of my laptop, it's a property. You can’t change it, you can just buy a tool that will help you. Of course with USB-A connection. I working at home office with two 24" monitor on this laptop.

1 month of torment until I found a solution. I tried 3 different USB-C devices.

HP Recommended

The only problem is that pre-purchase communication doesn’t tell you that. That's why I choose another product next time!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.