Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connect external monitor to notebook

Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect an HP w17e LCD monitor to my HP Pavilion notebook and the monitor states "input not supported".  I got a VGA to HDMI connector, plugged the monitor into the connector then into my notebook, then turned on the monitor and got that popup.  I went into the display settings of the notebook and told it to look for other monitors and it still doesn't detect it.

Someone please help because this is driving me crazy.  I'm not super techy, so I don't always understand the language, but I can follow direction well.  Will the connector I'm using not work?  The notebook only has HDMI and USB ports.

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
74018 73908 8998 19366
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connect external monitor to notebook

@natjo wrote:

..... I got a VGA to HDMI connector, plugged the monitor into the connector then into my notebook, then turned on the monitor and got that popup.  I went into the display settings of the notebook and told it to look for other monitors and it still doesn't detect it ...

Hi,

Firstly what is your laptop ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Secondly what is the VGA to HDMI connector ? Please note: From VGA (analog) to HDMI (digital) you need a proper converter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation