Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 15 TS Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect my HP 15 TS Notebook to an external monitor, but when I boot up my computer my external monitor won't show anything and it shows 'No Signal.' I have selected this to be my default monitor and have projection settings to Second-screen only, but it still defaults to my laptop screen for bootup. I need my external monitor to be able to see bootup. I know this is possible because I had another computer do it on another monitor. The monitor is connected via HDMI and is an Acer S231HL (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/2253?b=1) I've even tried updating my monitor's drivers via the Acer download page and Device Manager, but it says that 'Windows has determined that the best drivers are installed.'

HP Notebook Model Number: 15-r264dx

Product Number: L0T71UA
BTW: This is only on the bootloader, it shows up after the bootloader loads.

Thanks, Dakota Bailey
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@omgitzdakota

I'm afraid as mentioned in the previous post, that's not possible to achieve. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@omgitzdakota,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting display on the monitor until the Windows is loaded.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that the monitor will be active only once the operating system is loaded as all the drivers for the monitor are loaded by the operating system and this is normal behavior.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there something I can do to get the external monitor to see BIOS and boot. I have a broken screen on default and this is required.

Thanks, Dakota Bailey
HP Recommended

@omgitzdakota

I'm afraid as mentioned in the previous post, that's not possible to achieve. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.