Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've recently purchased two new monitors, and wanted to use them both with my HP Envy laptop. So in total, there would be three displays going at once, including the laptop.  I would like to know if the model I have supports using two external monitors, and if it's possible to just plug one monitor into the on-board HDMI port, and the other into one of the USB 3.0 ports with a USB-to-HDMI connector. I also wanted to know if the USB-c port on this model is capable of sending video data. Thank you.

Product name: HP ENVY x360 m Convertible Model 15m-dr0011dx
Product ID: 5XK46UA#ABA

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Mostly, I just want to know if the USB-c port on my laptop is capable of sending video signal. Then I could just buy an adapter that converts between USB-c and HDMI, which would be a lot cheaper than a USB-to-HDMI adapter. It is my understanding that certain laptop models have USB-c ports that can only be used for charging. I want to check if my laptop falls under that category or not. 

HP Recommended

@mumble123 Greetings from the HP Community!

I went through the details and good news, the device does support video signals, and here's the link for your to verify: click here (as shown in the below image)

Also, ensure you go through the alternate modes that you can utilize on your USB Type-C port: click here

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.