Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Pax44 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connected G60 laptop to external monitor- on disconnect laptop screen is black

Microsoft Windows Vista

Only change was to plug in monitor - it did ask if I wanted laptop screen to mirror monitor - said no - when I disconnected I just unscrewed connector and on repower got onscreen response. Can see screen only with flashlight shined at oblique angle

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connected G60 laptop to external monitor- on disconnect laptop screen is black

Hey @Pax44,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

In your post, you had said that currently your HP G60 Notebook and issues with the Display changing. You can do a system restore,  F11 at the starting of Windows. System restore will help if something automatically updated or changed and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Please get back to me how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up and Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation