Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an older HP 2011x monitor that I would like to use as a second monitor for my HP Envy 360 laptop. The 2011x has dual cables currently attaching it to my PC (which is being retired). Both appear to be VGA. What adapter(s) do I need to attach from these two cables into, hopefully, the HDMI port on my laptop? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lam2019 

The monitor has  DVI-D and VGA video input connectors. I don't know what is your Envy x360 computer since there are few generations and dozens of different models/products around BUT most likely it has HDMI port therefore the best and cheapest option is to use HDMI - DVI (no worried about dual link/cables) such as

DVI - HDMI cable

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.