Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Spectre x360 with UHD/4K screen. How can I connect to an UHD/4K monitor with 60Hz refresh rate, the same as the laptop? All I can find is that the ports only support a 30Hz refresh rate on the monitor? Is that true, and is there any point in buying a 4K monitor with 60Hz refresh, for use with this laptop? Help very much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Grizzlies 

I don't know what is your Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0xxx. From manual of the series, It has

• Audio-out (headphone)/audio-in (microphone) combo jack
  • USB 3.1 Type-A Gen. 1 port
  • USB 3.1 Type-C Gen. 2 Thunderbolt™ port (2)

How do you connect them ? Does your monitor have Thunderbolt™ 3 or Thunderbolt™ 4 input port ? If yes, you can use  a Thunderbolt™ 3 cable to connect. it to your computer. And you can connect more than 1 monitor using daisy chain.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks. But my understanding is that with USB-C out ports from laptop, that 60Hz is not supported, even with Thunderbolt cables.

HP Recommended

@Grizzlies wrote:

Thanks. But my understanding is that with USB-C out ports from laptop, that 60Hz is not supported, even with Thunderbolt cables.

@Grizzlies 

Where do you get that information from ? The results should be close to:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025675/graphics.html

I did ask you how do you connect them now ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.