Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre 360 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have been trying to connect /project my Spectre laptop screen onto my HP ALL-in-One desktop but though I can see the desktop I cannot connect. I have used the Action centre to both connect and project but haven't succeeded.

Strangely I can do teh reverse! i.e. project teh desktop onto my spectre screen! 

Pl help/advise.

Thanks

Sanjay Das

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SanjayDas

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to use the All in one computer display as an external display for your laptop.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of the All in one computer?

Are you trying to connect it wirelessly or using a display cable?

You will be able to extend the display only if there is an HDMI IN port available on the All in one computer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried both in vain. Neither the HDMI cable ( yes the allinone has a hdmi-in port) nor does the Wireless connectivity method work.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@SanjayDas

Help me with the product number of your computer to assist you better.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.