Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion gaming 15 cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Guys:

My issue is that when I connect a monitor via the HDMI port, it's connected to the GTX 1050Ti not the integrated UHD 630.

There is no problem with the video or picture, but it's inconvenient to me coz the GTX card uses alot of battery... is there any way to make the second monitor connect to the integrated graphics card?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AbdullahBarqawi
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, it is not possible to connect the graphics card which is discrete, especially in notebooks. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

actually this is exactly whats's happening!!!

When I connect a monitor via HDMI, the advanced display settings show the following:

Display 1 (laptop display) connected to Intel Graphics UHD 630

Display 2 (display name) connected to Nvidia GTX 1050TI

HP Recommended

@AbdullahBarqawi

Thank you for the information, 

I understand your setup and system configuration,
as I mentioned earlier the discrete graphic card is "system managed" and it not possible to change the settings.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.