Reyme
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connecting a stand alone monitor to my HP Pavilion G Laptop

Pavilion G Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a large stand alone monitor to connect to my HP Pavilion G Series laptop.  I want to use it instead of my laptop monitor/screen (I also have a stand alone keyboard that I've been using for years).  With the stand alone monitor connected to my laptop, I want to close my laptop and use my stand alone keyboard and monitor.  But, when I close my laptop, it goes into slee mode.  How to I prevent it goign into sleep mode so I can still work?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,974
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Connecting a stand alone monitor to my HP Pavilion G Laptop

Hi! @Reyme, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you would like to connect the monitor to your laptop however when you close the lid of your laptop it goes to sleep.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Press Win+R in combination to open the Run dialog. In the box, type powercfg.cpl and press Enter. This will open the Power Options applet in the Control Panel.

Now, in the Power Options window that opens up, click ‘Choose what closing the lid does’ link from the left side panel.

Choose what you want your laptop to do, when it’s running on battery and when it’s plugged in. For instance, under Power button and lid settings section you can find ‘When I Close the Lid’ option. Adjacent to it you can find options to help you define power button or lid settings.

You can choose from Do Nothing when I close the lid.

Let me know if this helps,

Have a beautiful day ahead. !:)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation