Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilon 14-ce 1009nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I connected external monitor LG 27 and  picture on it is flicking. 

I have reccomended resolution (3840x2160) but resfresh rate maximum 30 Hz. 

Reccomend for monitor is 60 Hz.

1) I updated all the drivers from HP site, 

2) I connected this monitor using same cable to my  gaming  PC ,and and PC automaticaly found proper rezolution and refresh rate for LG monitor. No flicking. 

3) PC uses NVIDIA graphic card, my HP Notebook  INTEL UHD Graphics 620. 

Thank you for help,

Januszon

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JANUSZON Welcome to HP Community!

Which cable is it? is that HDMI or display port? Also, does that laptop have any flickering issues when used without the monitor?

A few things you need to check is if the laptop supports the resolution the monitor demands, perhaps, you could check with a lower resolution and identify if there are any flickers.

Have you updated the BIOS? if not, please do, click here to find and install the same.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your replay.    I contacted also seller of the laptop and he informed me that  this model of HP Pavilion 14-ce laptop is equipped wiht HDMI port 1.3 which carry only 30 Hz.

I got right resolution (by updating again  drivers from HP Assistant site) but port now is   a limitation and nothing can be done with this. 

He also informed me that there is on the marked adapter USB "C"  type  to HDMI and it can carry resolution and frequency 4K, for my monitor (laptop has this usb "C" port). I ordered this adapter and I"m currently waiting for it. 

Januszon

HP Recommended

@JANUSZON Alright, let us know if it works once you have the adapter, 

Thanks for the update and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good evening again,

I received  adapter described early , but it did not  work. 

After contacting seller of the adapter (I-Tec ) I was told to use adapter : 

Adapter AV I-TEC USB 3.0 - 2x HDMI 4K Ultra HD (U3DUAL4KHDMI)

which is connected to USB 3.1 on the notebook. I received it 2 days ago and works  very well. 

You can figure that out from carefully reading od laptop spec,  USB "C" is for data only.

thank you for your help.

Januszon

HP Recommended

@JANUSZON Thanks for the update,

I appreciate the details and I hope you have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.