Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 4 (187 Views)

Cracked Screen Spectre x360 4K

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Spectre x360 4K
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I saw the massive post (over 14 pages long) on the issue with the cracked Spectre x360 screens.  I purchased my Spectre approximately 2 months ago and I noticed the screen is starting to crack.  The crack is just to the right of the middle at the top.  The crack started at the small hole to the right of the camera and has spread to the very top and now down my screen.  It is clearly not the LCD because the touch screen still works and no pixels are messed up.  This appears to be the outer screen.  Has anyone been able to get HP to recognize the flaw?  I love the laptop but am not impressed that the screen has already cracked.  I am very careful with my devices and this is used only for my company.  I am hoping someone on this board can help me with getting the glass replaced.

Thank you,

Shane Metzler
President
[content removed]

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (178 Views)

Re: Cracked Screen Spectre x360 4K

Hi,

My loan machine is a 15" Spectre x360 with 4K screen. My friend's machine is a 13" Spectre x360 with 2560x1440 screen. Those machines are thin therefore we won't put them to a backpack and give them in well protected computer bags.

I believe the glass itself on any FLAT and well protrected situation won't break.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
Message 3 of 4 (146 Views)

Hello,

I realize how thin the laptop is and only carry it in a very well padded computer bag. However, that should not matter because there is clearly an issue with the glass. My crack started where there is a round circle to the right the camera. This is clearly a defect in the material, the small circle hole is where the crack originated.

Thanks!

Shane Metzler
Brainstorm Innovative Technologies, LLC
Tutor
Message 4 of 4 (120 Views)

After calling HP support I was told all cracks in the digitizer are the results from abuse.  I explained that the laptop sits on my desk and has very been abused however the support person told me it would cost $350 to $380 to repair!  I explained this laptop is only 2.5 months old and not abused.  When I asked for her supervisor, I was told he was busy.  This is absolutely absurd. 

Shane Metzler
President
Brainstorm Innovative Technologies

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation