Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Screen

HP 14-d006tx TouchSmart
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My laptop was accidentaly dropped and sadly the screen cracked. The laptop works perfectly fine. No black screen BUT the touchscreen is not working. I tried pressing the screen harder but still no touchscreen working. I noticed that when i push/press the monitor, the inside part(Maybe it's the LCD or idk) is untouched. And only the Glass from outside(Maybe it's the digitizer or idk xD) is cracked.

now here are my questions:

1 - what should I replace? The LCD or Digitizer or the front glass or something that I don't know?

2 - How Can I replace it?

3 - Can i replace it with a different Screen Model/type? Coz I think a TouchSmart Monitor screen is a hard-to-find item here in my country(btw im from Philippines), so i might use different model if possible. IF NOT,

4 - Where can I buy this kind of Monitor Screen? Please suggest me a place or an online shop to buy from(An online shop that can deliver here in ASIA).

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15783 1117 1660
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Screen

Hey there!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that the laptop screen has cracked but the touchscreen is not working.

You have to replace the whole screen (LCD) to get the touchscreen working again.

Please contact HP and check for the replacement part or service.

Please use this link to contact HP in your country: http://hp.care/2c0fLpM

Let me know if this helps.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation