Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
dunblaneanderso Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Touchscreen

HP Pavilion Notebook 15-p229sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p229sa (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)

Model #: L2W52EA
Serial #: [Personal Information Removed]

Hi - my touchscreen has cracked and the touchscreen isn't working. Would love to get the spec of the replacement part I need to order as I'm worried I won't order the right one - seems to be a load of combinations.

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5851 346 624
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Touchscreen

Hello @dunblaneanderso,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the display issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that the Touch Screen cracked, and you are looking for the correct replacement.

You can use the guide here to help you find the spare part number: 

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide (Chapter 6, Page 53-54).

You can get parts here: HP Parts Store

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Touchscreen

Hi - thanks for responding. I had got that far but I don't know what parts I need. Can you help?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 346 624
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Touchscreen

Hello @dunblaneanderso,

Thank you for the quick reply!

If you are just looking to replace the Touch Screen panel, the following should work:

15.6 WLED AG HD Touchscreen with bezel (includes screws) - 764622-001

15.6 WLED AG full HD Touchscreen with bezel flat display panel (includes screws) - 766687-001

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Touchscreen

Brilliant - thanks. When I google for the part it relates to a LCD screen and also a touch digitiser. Do I need one of these or both? 

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 346 624
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Touchscreen

Hello @dunblaneanderso,

That is the bezel.  That spare part number should include the display panel with the bezel.  If for some reason, the retailer does not, you will need to make sure to have both.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked Touchscreen

Thanks - seems that it is almost impossible to buy the digitizer unless I want to stump up around £200. Will probably be better using the money to buy a laptop that doesn't have so many expensive or hard to buy parts.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation