1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Cracked screen HP Envy x 360 15"

HP Recommended
Envy x360 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

first post here on the forum, but have seen many many other HP Envy users with the same issue - a cracked touch screen.

I have had the laptop for about 12 months it is on extended warranty etc etc. It has worked fine for that period up until about 3 weeks ago when I opened it in the morning and it had developed a small crack across the screen around where the fingers go in to lift the screen from the base. Gradually this crack has spread across the screen and joined up with another crack that had started around the hinge area a few days later. The unit had not been dropped and there has not been any localised impacts that could have caused the crack to start.

I contacted HP and sent them photographs of the screen but because the cracks have coalesced at a point it looks like an impact fracture. I explained that it is not an impact fracture but HP will not repair the screen under warranty.

This is truly unacceptable, I have a 13" Spectre that has been dropped, hit you name it and no issues with the screen. By the sheer number of complaints on this forum and the web generally HP have an issue with this screen and should accept that the screen is not fit for purpose and replace my screen FOC under the warranty.

Seriously considering never buying this type o fHP laptop again and recommending same to others - HP should honour the warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation