Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen on Spectre x360

HP Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Posting from my daughters laptop, which she only uses at home and on her desk. Her screen has developed a crack similar to others described here. The crack is in the top right of the screen and so far is not affecting the display or touch tracking. She has rarely taken this out of the house, and noticed the crack one day when opening it otherwise normally. I do notice when opening the screen even carefully it does feel like it is flexing, and you can see distortions in the display images when opening.. In any case, I am hoping to find some resolution to this as she has had this for less than a year, and otherwise loves it..

[Editted]

Having just chatted with online support, am feeling angered.. Was quoted several hundred dollars to replace the screen, would be replaced with the exact same, and with the number of similar issues here seems like this could just happen again when opening or closing.. 

My daughter loved this, and was considering replacing the lenovo my wife has with a new one of these... But am unsure now.. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,345 14,973 852 964
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen on Spectre x360

@markj123

I understand that there is a physical damage HP Spectre X360 notebook.

This seems to be a hardware issue,

I request you to contact HP phone support for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation