SkippyCross Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

Spectre

The screen on my Spectre has cracked twice. I have extended service protection, so it was replaced each time. Last time, the repair person specuated that the heat from the computer may have cracked it. He suggested that when I turn it off, I put some sort of protection between the screen and the keyboard. Does this sound crazy?

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to keep the screen from cracking? I am scared to actually take it any place, so it is no longer "portable:"  This kind of defeats the reason that I bought it.

I am definitely discouraged. 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

Hi @SkippyCross,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the screen. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
SkippyCross Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

Regarding the full product number and operating system in use on my computer.

Product number:  LOQ51UA#ABA

Operating system:  Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

HI @SkippyCross,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Most screen are not damage by heat. It is by someone open the computer from one corner.  If you open the screen from the center works the best.

Here is a document on Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation