HPSpectraTouch Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

Spectra
Came back from Uni this morning and opened my computer screen to find it cracked near the camera, the cracks are spreading each time I look at it and now the touch screen isn't working properly (it does on and off).
No real impact that I can recall it was in the same bag as all my text books, bit disappointed I only bought it at the end of June.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
73222 8894 19124
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

Hi,

Sorry I don't know what is your Spectra. All I know: HP has many models/products of laptops called Spectre and they are very thin machines. They are built to last but still not like tanks. Without a good protection inside ANY bag, very hard to predict the result.

Now, what is your machine ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

Hi
It's a spectre X 360, Model number; 13-4112TU
Can provide the warranty or serial number privately if you like.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

It was in its soft case that came with the computer (black wet suit material)
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
73222 8894 19124
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

@HPSpectraTouch wrote:
It was in its soft case that came with the computer (black wet suit material)

Hi,

Thanks, my loan machine is an HP Spectre x360 too, it also has a black soft case. I don't think you can claim warranty for it UNLESS you bought total care package which insludes accidental damage.

But, please call HP in your country. They may help. Please keep or bookmark the following information for future refreences

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=P6M12PA

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation