Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Beano1uk Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

HP Spectre x360 T6T09UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I, like many other previously documented, suffer from a badly-cracked screen. I've endured it for months as it's usable, apart from occasional errant pressure on the touch screen from the broken glass mimicking a touch screen action. I can usually get over this by rebooting.

However, it's less than ideal. This is an expensive computer with an obvious unforseen design fault, probably the result of taking the case to its design limits. It's living on borrowed time until a catastrophic failure means I gotta do something about it.

My questions are as follows:

1. My digitizer seems functional, so can I just replace the screen glass?

2. If so, where can I get it cheapest?

3. Can I get it in the UK? Suppliers?

4. If not, does the whole lid need replacement, and where can I purchase one?

It's not possible for me to go through the rigmarole of returning it to HP (USA), which is where I bought it, as I'm returning to the UK for 2 months. So, warranty nothwithstanding, I'm gonna have to get this done myself.

I hope I've stated the situation clearly, so you can provide a clear-cut pathway for me to get this sorted.

Sincerely,

Martin K

1 REPLY
Intern Intern
Intern
27 1 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cracked screen

1. My digitizer seems functional, so can I just replace the screen glass? The glass cannot be replaced by it self.

2. If so, where can I get it cheapest? NA

3. Can I get it in the UK? Suppliers? Read #4 answer

4. If not, does the whole lid need replacement, and where can I purchase one? Yes the entire hinge up needs to be replaced as it comes fused together. Use the link below to find a HP service partner in your area to get a quote on the repair.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/store-finder/find.do?bs=SR1

I am an HP employee

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation