08-15-2019 09:11 AM - edited 08-15-2019 09:47 AM
I recently bought this laptop, HP 15-dw0015nl, and since the day one the display goes blank randomly.
I can see the backlight is still on, and the PC is still working underneath. If I press the power button putting the PC to sleep and wake it up, the display turns back to normal.
There is no predictable usage pattern that can lead to the blank screen, and I tried everything I could to solve the issue:
- Launching EVERY test in uefi recovery mode (every test returns ok)
- Reinstall Windows 10
- Update Windows to latest version (1809 first and 1903 later)
- Update Driver from the official HP page for the Intel Card (latest package with version 184.108.40.20671 Rev.A sp96908.exe) and from the Intel Driver Page
- Update Driver from the official HP page for the Nvidia Card (latest package with version 220.127.116.1114 Rev.A sp98296.exe) and from the NVidia Driver Page
- Try every power management profile combination
Despite my effort, none of the taken actions are working.
I'm so stressed and disappointed, I really regret buying this laptop, so angry!
08-16-2019 08:14 AM - edited 08-16-2019 08:14 AM
I'll add this: the display, during normal use of the laptop, sometimes blink for a brief moment and return to normal.
After that, sometimes happens what I described in the previous post, other times it recovers.
08-18-2019 06:11 PM
I contacted HP via Whatsapp, it was a complete failure.
They told me to follow a standard procedure ( reboot, reinstall windows, reinstall drivers. uefi check, etc...), but nothing worked. After I told them that the problem it's still unresolved, they disappeared and never answered me again!
I wish I've never bought this laptop and it's my last HP product for sure. I'll be sure that it's the last HP product also for my friends and at work.
So so disappointed!
08-19-2019 11:10 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.