Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 65XXHP-15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A problem just appeared two days ago. I'm running a Windows 10 on a HP15 laptop. While saving a photoshop elements file, the PC froze and had to be rebooted. When finished rebooting the desktop photo changed in size. The Icons had become smaller.

I then made two attempts to do a system restore using two restore points. One SRP was a week old, the other was two weeks old. I had theorized that the problem might be related to two previous occurrences about a week to 10 days ago that had occurred at boot up. During those two oddities I had booted up the Hp as normal. When entering the W10 login password, it appeared to be logging in normally. After a few seconds the screen went black and then the login in screen reappeared. It gave no indication that the password entered was incorrect. Entering the password the second time, it completed normally and the desktop appeared normal size. 

At the end of both attempts the system restore reported that it failed to complete the restore process completely.

The failure explanation was vague and suggested that it could not find a file to restore, or a that the file was not in the restore point.

One online posting suggested a driver update, but did not say which one. How can I fix the desktop problem. Tnx 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This problem has been resolved. Prior to the SRP's the font size adjustment showed up normal (medium). Now after the SRP's the font size reflected a change. Resetting it back to medium corrected the problem.  No sign of the other peculiar symptoms. Tnx

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This problem has been resolved. Prior to the SRP's the font size adjustment showed up normal (medium). Now after the SRP's the font size reflected a change. Resetting it back to medium corrected the problem.  No sign of the other peculiar symptoms. Tnx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.