Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Digitizer test fail

Example: Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When attempting to run diagnostic following step 2 of instructutions here, the test fails. As in, the test ITSELF fails to produce any results. Even checking the logs all logs show cancelled tests. There are no results.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 713 1,904
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Digitizer test fail

Hi@Moonwalker2,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find  tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference.  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that when you tried to run a diagnostics on the touchscreen the test failed.   Was there any error messages?  Is the touchscreen showing in Device Manager?  Have you updated the bios, if applicable?  Have you made any recent changes to your notebook?  Did you create a restore point that you could use to go back to when it was working?  Do you have recovery media?  What was the cause for running the diagnostics?  To assist you further, would you please provide your specific model of Envy x 2?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Hope to hear from you soon.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Moonwalker2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Digitizer test fail

There are no error messages when following the instructions from the link I posted. There are no test results, at all.

Device manager reports no issues.

Bios is up to date, and original.

i recently ran all most recent Windows 10 updates.

I don't believe restore will be useful. For why, see next.

This is a replacement digitizer. My apologies for neclecting to mention this vital piece of information.

At this point in the process,is it really necessary to note the exact model, since the diagnostic process ought to be the same for all models? I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but this is my workstation/entertainment unit, and the HDMI connection is rather testy. The less I have to disconnect everything to turn the unit over the better.

This replacement digitizer (second one now with the same results), performs very erratically. I never ran diagnostics on the first replacement. Figuring two erratic digitizers in a row warrants diagnostics, I tried unsuccessfully to run them on this one.

Upper left corner is basically unresponsive. Wherever I am able to get response is totally erratic. Tapping a spot gets either nothing, or reaction from a completely different portion of the screen, often from multiple spots nowhere near my finger.

if I am not mistaken, this is a PCT screen, and I'm thinking this means that any mistake in the mounting of this digitizer will render it relatively useless. If I'm correct about that, I think I already know what to do. The original digitizer had four thin strips of double sided adhesive foam which had to be removed with the original glass. I'm thinking if I replace the foam, outside the visible portion of the screen, that may resolve the issue.

let me know if any of this makes sense. Thanks.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation