Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 OLED Laptop 15-eb0008nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a HP Spectre x360 Laptop with an OLED screen (15-eb0008nw) and while I wanted the OLED screen, the display seems to be set to extremely high saturation, the colors are unnatural and there is no way to adjust the display. 

I'm running a preinstalled WIndows 10. If anyone needs more info to answer with a solution please ask. 

- in Settings, Display, the Advanced Display Settings are dimmed and I'm unable to get anything done here to adjust teh display.

- in Nvidia there is no place that I can see to adjust the display. 

I wonder if there is a way to update drivers or Nvidia software?  If anyone can offer a solution I would be very appreciative. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sequoya Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Dimmed Advanced Display Options, no display control on HP Spectre.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks Praveen!

I had really hoped this would be  a solution. I had windows and everything else updated and still no way to adjust the screen colours or saturation in any way.  How can a laptop this expensive have no option to adjust the screen !

The colours are getting very very frustrating, imagine looking at a Samsung TV with saturation set to MAX. All the colours are way off, unnatural and hurt my eyes.  And this is my work computer at which I sit 9+hrs a day. It's just impossible. 

Would you have any other thoughts before I return this thing as faulty equipment ? I am also contacting legal as this laptop could actually be damaging my eyes. 

I can't use this laptop much longer,  for the money you pay for this and for the screen to literally hurt your eyes with insanely high saturation... without a solution I will seek to get a full refund before i go blind. 

Additionally, the fan is always turning on, it's slower than my older HP laptop. It takes 15 seconds to turn on, slow for a new laptop. 

I can get a better laptop for 1/4 the price. I wouldn't have the aluminium body but it would work without breaking a sweat and would have real colours. 

HP Recommended

@Sequoya

I recommend you click on start then type "Calibrate display" and click on the first search result and follow the onscreen instructions to calibrate the display.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.