Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Baffled that I'm even asking this. Seems I'm not the only one, but the answers posted don't seem to apply to me. I want to disable tap-to-click for the Synaptics Touchpad. I have tried downloading a Synaptics Touchpad Control Pannel app but the only available version of this app seems to be for ThinkPads, not HP Envy. I'm not affraid to edit the registry, but none of the answers via registry seem to apply to my problem of turning off touch-to-click in the first place. 

Anyone have a clear, actual answer on disabling the tap-to-click function of my Synaptics Touchpad without disabling the entire touchpad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

uh, yeah. Synaptics Touchpad app does the trick. Glad at least I didn't do anything embarassing like generate an ALLCAPS username...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

uh, yeah. Synaptics Touchpad app does the trick. Glad at least I didn't do anything embarassing like generate an ALLCAPS username...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.